You are here
Grand Ballroom B
If you are interested in running Hadoop and need to understand how to manage a cluster and not how to write Java applications, this course is for you. If you inherited a non-production environment that now has mission critical data and you need to harden that Hadoop environment for production, then this course is also for you. In this class, I will teach you the core set of skills needed to deploy, configure, and monitor resources with an emphasis on providing you with the basics so you can use self-directed learning to go deeper. While there will be some exercises to show you how to use Hadoop, the focus of this tutorial and its hands-on exercises is operation.
Unix system administrators interested in an introduction to hadoop operations.
- Techniques for deploying, configuring, monitoring, and securing a hadoop cluster
- Essential Hadoop troubleshooting skills
- Working Hadoop environment on laptop
- Overview of Hadoop and HDFS
- Sandbox setup for class exercises