You are here
Evil Genius 101: Subversive Ways to Promote DevOps and Other Big Changes
Grand Ballroom A
You want to innovate: deploy new technologies such as configuration management, kanban, a wiki, or standardized configurations. Your coworkers don’t want change: they like the way things are. Therefore, they consider you evil. However you aren’t evil, you just want to make things better. Learn how to talk your team, managers and executives into adopting DevOps techniques and culture.
Sysadmins and managers looking to influence the technology and culture of your organization.
- Help your coworkers understand and agree with your awesome ideas
- Convince your manager about anything. Really.
- Get others to trust you so they are more easily convinced
- Deciding which projects to do when you have more projects than time
- Turn the most stubborn user into your biggest fan
- Make decisions based on data and evidence
- DevOps "value mapping" exercise: Understand how your work relates to business needs.
- So much to do! What should you do first?
- How to sell ideas to executives, management, co-workers, and users.
- Simple ways to display data to get your point across better.