You are here
GlusterFS: A Scale-out Software Defined Storage
Thurgood Marshall East
Learn about GlusterFS, a scale-out, software-defined storage platform capable of scaling to many petabytes. GlusterFS aggregates storage building blocks on diverse commodity hardware over InfiniBand RDMA or TCP/IP interconnect in a single global namespace. GlusterFS is based on a stackable user space design and can deliver exceptional flexibility and performance for diverse workloads.
This tutorial will combine lecture with instructor-led demonstrations using GlusterFS.
- Any system/storage administrator who wants to get in-depth understanding of GlusterFS.
- Anyone who wants to know how GlusterFS can help their storage infrastructure and contain costs.
- Thorough understanding of GlusterFS
- Virtual Machine images for playing with GlusterFS
- Lab instructions on how to set up and play with a test cluster
- Overview of the GlusterFS architecture
- Features offered by GlusterFS
- Different access methods to the GlutsterFS (Samba, NFS, FUSE)
- Hands-on using GlusterFS