You are here
Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Other Data
Grand Ballroom D
Elasticsearch is a distrbuted and reliable data store that can be used for a variety of purposes. One use of particular interest to system administrators is as a storage engine for Logstash. This tutorial covers how to implement an Elasticsearch cluster and use Logstash and related tools to store and query log data (syslog, web logs, etc).
System administrators who need a tool to aggregate and examine log data across their environment.
Participants will leave the tutorial ready to implement and manage an Elasticsearch cluster, store and analyze their logs and other data with Logstash, and methods for using Elasticsearch with other data.
- An introduction to Elasticsearch
- How to implement and manage a replicated and distributed data store.
- How to use Logstash to store log files (or other time-stamped data)
- Tools for querying and analyzing those logs
- Ways to use and abuse Elasticsearch for other types of data