- Conference Organizers
- Registration Information
- Purchase the Box Set
- Why Attend LISA '13?
- Convince Your Boss
- Co-located Events
- Students and Grants
- Sponsorship and Exhibition
- Call for Participation
- For Participants
- Help Promote!
- Past Conferences
You are here
Home » Why Organizations Support LISA Attendance
Why Organizations Support LISA Attendance
Organizations of all sizes and kinds send their IT operations staff to LISA because it makes good business sense. Here's a sample of common reasons—do they resonate with your team's situation and goals?
- Everyone at the LISA conference is a customer or potential customer of your organization. Sending people there to learn and represent the company can increase your customer base or demonstrate to existing customers that you are serious about your market.
- Some of the best and brightest converge on LISA every year to share new technology solutions, solve current industry problems, and make lasting professional relationships. You send your technical people there to connect with this community because it gives them top-notch industry resources to turn to when they need to expand your capabilities or solve complex technology problems for your organization.
- You send your team to LISA to expand its numbers because folks in this community are motivated professionals who come to LISA to grow their skills and stay abreast of the latest IT solutions.
- Exceptional IT operations people experience burnout from providing day-to-day reactive customer support, being on call, and burning the midnight oil to stay current on new trends in the industry. Pay your people back for their hard work by sending them to a week away from the war room to connect with like-minded professionals, learn some new skills, and return better prepared to take on new and existing challenges.
- All levels of technical people from junior to senior can come to LISA to find mentorship opportunities, grow their careers to the next level, expand their technical skills, and gain confidence.