- Conference Organizers
- Registration Information
- Purchase the Box Set
- Why Attend LISA '13?
- Convince Your Boss
- Co-located Events
- Students and Grants
- Sponsorship and Exhibition
- Call for Participation
- For Participants
- Help Promote!
- Past Conferences
You are here
Evil Genius 101
Thurgood Marshall West Ballroom
You want to innovate: deploy new technologies such as configuration management (CFEngine, Puppet, Chef), a wiki, or standardized configurations. Your coworkers don't want change. They like it the way things are. Therefore, they consider you evil. However you aren't evil; you just want to make things better.
Anyone who wants to improve processes and learn about managing change.
The communication, analysis, and persuasion skills you need to make your workplace better.
- Helping your coworkers understand and agree to your awesome ideas
- Convincing your manager about anything—really
- Turning the most stubborn user into your biggest fan
- Getting others to trust you so they are more easily convinced
- Deciding which projects to do when you have more projects than time
- Making decisions based on data and evidence
- Driving improvements based on a methodology and planning instead of guessing and luck