- Conference Organizers
- Registration Information
- Purchase the Box Set
- Why Attend LISA '13?
- Convince Your Boss
- Co-located Events
- Students and Grants
- Sponsorship and Exhibition
- Call for Participation
- For Participants
- Help Promote!
- Past Conferences
You are here
Building Your PowerShell Toolkit
Thurgood Marshall South Ballroom
Have you found yourself writing little PowerShell scripts to help you day to day? Do you have to share these with co-workers? Do you remember what that script you wrote six months ago does or the parameters that it needs? Join me in learning how to take your PowerShell scripting to the next level.
System administrators or anyone with basic PowerShell experience who needs to take it to the next level and create reusable, production-ready commands.
A pattern for taking your basic scripts and functions and turning them into professional, pipeline-ready, production-oriented commands, and the ability to assemble modules, which are the method for organizing and distributing PowerShell commands.
- Using basic commands
- Developing scripts and functions
- Packaging scripts and functions as a solution that is reusable, redistributable, and usable with the maximum variety of input data
- Error handling
- Creating help files
- Working with the pipeline (for receiving input and processing data)
- A variety of tips and tricks to make your functions robust and practical
- The ins and outs of packaging your commands as modules, creating module manifests, and
things to consider with module development