- Conference Organizers
- Registration Information
- Purchase the Box Set
- Why Attend LISA '13?
- Convince Your Boss
- Co-located Events
- Students and Grants
- Sponsorship and Exhibition
- Call for Participation
- For Participants
- Help Promote!
- Past Conferences
You are here
Advanced Time Management: Team Efficiency
Thurgood Marshall West Ballroom
Attendees must bring a laptop for in-class exercises. Techniques will apply to any wiki or collaborative document system, but the labs and demos will be done using Google Apps.
All sysadmins who want to collaborate efficiently within their team and with others (even solo sysadmins will benefit!).
Techniques to help your IT team work better, faster, and more transparently.
- Collaborate online with collaborative documents, shopping lists, and Kanban tools.
- Go from "firefighting" to working on more interesting projects
- Create meetings that don't suck
- Hold team members accountable for tasks they take on
- Cross train team members more effectively with fire drills (DevOps "Game Day" exercises)
- Train people on new services more effectively
- Eliminate problems due to inconsistent processes
- Send more effective emails
- Launch new services without "oops"
- Document how things work so everyone can go on vacation