USENIX Mission Statement
USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association:
- Fosters technical excellence and innovation
- Supports and disseminates research with a practical bias
- Provides a neutral forum for discussion of technical issues
- Encourages computing outreach into the community at large
Since 1975, the USENIX Association has brought together the community of engineers, system administrators, scientists, and technicians working on the cutting edge of the computing world. The USENIX conferences have become the essential meeting grounds for the presentation and discussion of the most advanced information on the developments of all aspects of computing systems. USENIX supports its members' professional and technical development through a variety of on-going activities, including:
- Member benefits
- Annual technical and system administration conferences
- Informal, specific-topic conferences such as security, internet technology, and mobile computing—as many as nine technical conferences per year
- A highly regarded tutorial program
- LISA, a Special Interest Group for system administrators
- Student programs that include stipends to attend conferences, low student member fees, a university outreach program, and best paper awards
- Online library with proceedings from each USENIX conference and the magazine, ;login:
- Participation in various ISO, IEEE and Open Group standards efforts
- USENIX supports a "Good Works" program.
- International Programs including an International Affiliate Program. USENIX also co-sponsors conferences by international technical groups.
- Two prestigious annual Awards which recognize public service and technical excellence: The Lifetime Achievement (Flame) Award and The Software Tools Users Group Award. LISA sponsors the annual LISA Outstanding Achievement Award recognizing outstanding achievement in system administration.
- Membership in the Computing Research Association
If you would like more information about USENIX and its events, please contact us.
View the USENIX History.
The USENIX Association is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your tax-deductible contribution to the USENIX Annual Fund will help to supplement our annual budget so that our commitment to open access and our other good works programs can continue into the next generation.
USENIX Office: 2560 Ninth Street, Suite 215, Berkeley, CA, 94710 USA • Phone: (510) 528-8649 • Fax: (510) 548-5738 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org