LISA18 Call for Participation
Sponsored by USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association.
LISA18 will take place October 29–31, 2018, at the Omni Nashville Hotel in Nashville, TN, USA.
LISA is the premier conference for operations professionals, where sysadmins, systems engineers, IT operations professionals, SRE practitioners, developers, IT managers, and academic researchers share real-world knowledge about designing, building, securing, and maintaining the critical systems of our interconnected world.
Call for Participation
We invite both industry leaders and people on the front lines to propose topics that demonstrate the present and future of operations. LISA submissions should inspire and motivate attendees toward action that improves their day-to-day work as well as the tech industry as a whole. We encourage submissions from people who represent a wide range of backgrounds and industries.
Note that USENIX only accepts vendor-neutral proposals. If you wish to promote a product at LISA, please contact our Sponsorship Department.
Both presenters and organizers may withdraw or decline proposals for any reason, even after initial acceptance. Submissions must come from the speaker. USENIX does not accept submissions made through PR firms and other third parties. Companies are blinded during the review process.
- Proposal submission deadline: Thursday, May 24, 2018, 11:59 pm PDT
- Notifications to proposal submitters: Tuesday, July 10, 2018
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning/AI
- Big Data
- Infrastructure/Platform/Function as a Service
- Scalability and Resilience
- Infrastructure Design
- Performance Planning
- Strategic Vision
- What's Next
- Open Source Communities
- Standards and Regulatory Compliance
- On-Call Strategies
- Managing IT Teams
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Mentorship, Education, and Training
- Recruiting and Retention
- Continuous Delivery
- System Engineering
- Monitoring and Instrumentation
- Performance Tuning
- Backup and Recovery
- Security Engineering
- Release Engineering
Proposals We Are Seeking
- Talks: 30- and 45-minute talks, with time for Q&A.
- LISA18 Speaker Benefits
- Sample talk submissions
- Training: 45- and 90-minute training courses teaching practical, immediately applicable skills. See the LISA18 Training page for detailed submission information.
- Panels: Moderator-led groups of 3–5 experts answering moderator and audience questions on a particular topic
- Demos: Vendor-neutral interactive demonstrations of hardware and software use in practical situations for operations professionals.