Whether you are a sysadmin, dev, or web ops, time management can be more difficult than any technology issue. This class is for new and junior system admins that have found themselves over their head, overloaded, and looking for a better way to survive the tech world.
This tutorial presents fundamental techniques for eliminating interruptions and distractions so you have more time for projects, prioritization techniques so the projects you do work on have the most impact, plus "The Cycle System," which is the easiest and most effective way to juggle all your tasks without dropping any.
Sysadmins, devs, operations, and their managers
By the end of this class, you will be able to schedule and prioritize your work (rather than be interruption-driven), have perfect follow-through (never forget a request), and limit your work-time to 40 hours a week (have a life).
- How to manage all the work you have to do.
- How to prioritize and eliminate unnecessary tasks.
- Manage interruptions: prevent them, managing the ones you get.
- The Cycle System for recording and processing to-do lists
- Task grouping: batching, sharding, and multitasking