- Symposium Organizers
- At a Glance
- Registration Information
- Technical Sessions
- Co-Located Workshops
- Accepted Posters
- Purchase the Box Set
- Students and Grants
- Help Promote!
- Flyer PDF
- For Participants
- Call for Papers
- Past Symposia
Venue, Hotel, and Travel
Website Maintenance Alert
Due to scheduled maintenance on Monday, December 10, 2018, from 10 am-12 noon, parts of the USENIX website (e.g. user account changes) may not be available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Why should you stay in the headquarters hotel?
We encourage you to stay in the headquarters hotel and when making your reservation to identify yourself as a USENIX conference attendee.
It is by contracting sleeping rooms that we can significantly reduce hotel charges for meeting room rental. When the sleeping rooms are not utilized, we face significant financial penalties. As a result, these penalties ultimately force us to raise registration fees.
We recognize, however, that not everyone can afford to stay in the conference hotel. We always try to book venues that have some low-cost alternatives available near the conference.
With costs going higher and higher, USENIX is working very hard to negotiate the very best hotel rates and keep other conference expenses down in order to keep registration fees as low as possible. We appreciate your help in this endeavor.
Hotel Reservation Discount Deadline: July 28, 2014
USENIX has negotiated special rates for conference attendees at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. Please make your reservation as soon as possible by contacting the hotel directly and mentioning USENIX or SECURITY to get the special group rate.
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
1 Market Place
San Diego, California, USA, 92101
Phone: (619) 232-1234
Fax: (619) 233-6464
Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown
601 Pacific Highway
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619) 239-2400
Fax: (619) 239-1520
Special Attendee Room Rate
We have a block of rooms available for $219 single/double, plus tax. This rate includes free in-room Internet.
Book your room at the Hyatt online at the special USENIX rate.
Additional rooms available across the street at the Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown. Book a room at the Embassy Suites here.
Need a roommate at USENIX Security '14? Subscribe to the roomshare email list.
USENIX has partnered with American Airlines to provide a 5% discount on your trip to San Diego. Plan to book early for the best airfare discounts. Use the following information while booking your flights to receive the USENIX discount:
- Meeting Promotional Code: 9984BI
- Discount: 5%
- Valid Travel Dates: August 15–25, 2014, to SAN
- Discount Reservation Web Site
Discount Car Rental
USENIX has partnered with Avis to provide discounts on car rentals for your trip to San Diego.
- Discounted rates and unlimited mileage
- Discount Code: D012158
- Discount Reservation Web Site or call Reservation Phone: (800) 331-1600
San Diego International Airport (SAN) is located in San Diego 0.1 miles (0.16 km) from the hotel.
Airport Shuttle to/from San Diego International Airport
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego does not provide complimentary shuttle service.
Shuttle vans and buses operated by off-airport companies are a popular and convenient transportation option. Shuttle service is available at the Transportation Plaza across from Terminals 1 and 2, and curbside at the Commuter Terminal.
From Terminal 1 you must cross the skybridge and take either the escalators or the elevators to street level. From Terminal 2, use the pedestrian crosswalk conveniently located outside the Terminal 2 Baggage Claim Area to access the Transportation Plaza. A Transportation Coordinator will place you with the first available shuttle, unless you specify a particular shuttle company.
- Advanced Shuttle: (800) 719-3499
- Airport Shuttle: (619) 234-4403/(888) 254-0333
- Cloud 9 Shuttle/Super Shuttle: (800) 9-SHUTTLE (974-8885)
- Coronado Livery: (619) 435-6310
- EZ Ride: (800) 777-0585
- Prime Time Shuttle: (800) REDVANS (733-8267)
- Sea Breeze Shuttle: (619) 297-7463
Taxi Service from San Diego International Airport
Taxis to and from San Diego International Airport are approximately $10-$13 USD one way.
Rental Cars in San Diego
Car rental reservation boards are located near the baggage claim areas of Terminals 1 and 2. Use the courtesy phones provided to request shuttle transport to the car rental company of your choice. Please note that using a reservation board is not always necessary. Car rental shuttles regularly operate at the Terminal 1 center traffic aisle and at the traffic island at the far west end of Terminal 2. If you follow the signage to any of these areas, it is likely that a shuttle will be waiting.
- A1 Rent a Car: (619) 226-4444
- Ace Rent a Car: (619) 231-9700
- Advantage Rent a Car: (619) 491-3151
- Alamo Rent a Car: (619) 297-0311/(800) GO-ALAMO (46-25266)
- Avis Rent a Car: (619) 688-5000/(800) 852-4617
- Budget Rent a Car: (800) 527-0700
- Dollar Car Rental:(619) 234-3389/(800) 800-4000
- Enterprise Rent a Car: (619) 225-8881/(800) 270-8881
- E-Z Rent-A-Car: (800) 277-5171
- Fox Rent-A-Car: (619) 692-0300/(800) 225-4369
- Hertz Rent A Car: (619) 220-5222/(800) 654-3131
- Midway Rent A Car: (619) 238-9600
- National Car Rental: (619) 497-6777/(800) CAR-RENT (227-7368)
- Pacific Rent-A-Car: (619) 233-3366
- Payless Car Rental: (619) 296-4966/(800) PAYLESS (729-5377)
- Thrifty Car Rental: (619) 429-5000/(800) 847-4389
- Travcar Car Rental: (619) 231-9700
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego offers the following parking options:
Valet Parking: $40.00 per day
Self-Parking: $28.00 per day
Traveling to USENIX Security '14 from outside the U.S.A.?
See detailed advice from the National Academies about visiting the United States.