Help Promote graphics!
Call for Participation
Sponsored by USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association
URES '15 will take place on Friday, November 13, during LISA15, November 8–13, 2015, in Washington, D.C.
- Submissions due: September 11, 2015, 11:59 p.m. PDT ***Deadline Extended!***
- Notification to participants: September 25, 2015
- Program announced: Late September 2015
At the third USENIX Release Engineering Summit (URES ‘15), members of the release engineering community will come together to advance the state of release engineering, discuss its problems and solutions, and provide a forum for communication for members of this quickly growing field. We are excited that this year LISA attendees will be able to drop in on talks so we expect a large audience.
URES '15 is looking for relevant and engaging speakers for our event on November 13, 2015, in Washington, D.C. URES brings together people from all areas of release engineering—release engineers, developers, managers, site reliability engineers and others—to identify and help propose solutions for the most difficult problems in release engineering today.
We solicit original presentations and discussions on a wide range of topics, regardless of whether you “ship code” onto an Android phone, an iPhone, a Mars rover, an Internet-of-Things device, or a never-fail-back-end-server. We particularly encourage presentations on novel, pragmatic approaches and solutions to vexing problems in release engineering.
Suggestions for topics include (but are not limited to):
- Best practices for release engineering
- Issues and challenges of releasing mobile applications
- Practical information on specific aspects of release engineering (e.g., source code management, dependency management, packaging, unit tests, deployment)
- Future challenges and opportunities in release engineering
- Solutions for scalable end-to-end release processes
- Scaling infrastructure and tools for high-volume continuous integration farms
- War and horror stories
- Problems and solutions for specific markets (mobile, financial, cloud)
Proposals may be 45- to 60-minute formal presentations. We would also like to encourage lightning talks of 15 minutes in duration.
This will be a one-day summit. Speakers should be prepared for interactive sessions with the audience. Presentations should stimulate healthy discussion among the summit participants.
Deadline extended! Submissions in the form of a brief proposal are welcome through September 11, 2015. Well-received proposals include a target audience, a brief description of the topic and what the attendee will take away from the talk. Please submit your proposal and a brief biography via this form. You can also send email to the program chairs, email@example.com, with any questions.
Presentation details will be communicated to the presenters of accepted talks by September 25, 2015. Speakers will receive a discount for the conference admission. If you have special circumstances, please contact the USENIX office at firstname.lastname@example.org.