You are here
Call for Participation
Sponsored by USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association
The 2013 USENIX Configuration Management Summit will take place during USENIX Federated Conferences Week, June 24–28, 2013.
- Submissions due: April 5, 2013, 11:59 p.m. PDT
- Notification to participants: April 12, 2013
- Program announced: Late-April 2013
In the third USENIX Configuration Management Summit (UCMS '13), we will continue to bring the configuration management community together to advance the state of configuration management, discuss its problems and solutions, and enhance the community of this growing field. We solicit original presentations and discussions on a wide range of topics in configuration management, but we particularly encourage presentations on novel, pragmatic approaches and solutions to vexing problems in configuration management.
Topics will depend upon the speakers and workshop facilitators scheduled. Suggestions include:
- Configuration management at scale (large installations or large teams)
- Unit testing and performing continuous integration of configurations
- Future challenges and opportunities in configuration management
- Integrating deployment and configuration management
- Managing configuration management (e.g., PuppetForge)
- Configuration management dashboarding
- ITIL, compliance, CMDBs, etc.
UCMS '13 is looking for relevant and engaging speakers and workshop facilitators for our event on June 24, 2013, in San Jose, CA. UCMS brings together people from all areas of configuration management—system administrators, developers, managers, and others—to identify and help propose solutions for the most difficult problems in configuration management today.
Proposals may be 45- or 90-minute formal presentations, panel discussions, or open workshops.
This will be a one-day summit. Speakers should be prepared for interactive sessions with the audience. Workshop facilitators should be ready to challenge the status quo and provide real-world examples and strategies to help attendees walk away with tools and ideas to improve their professional lives. Presentations should stimulate healthy discussion among the summit participants.
Submissions in the form of a brief proposal are welcome through April 5, 2013. Please submit your proposal via email to email@example.com; you can also reach the chair via that email address with any questions or comments.
Presentation details will be communicated to the presenters of accepted talks and workshops by April 12, 2013.