usenix conference policies
USENIX is pleased to offer free wireless Internet access for FCW '13. There are two networks:
- "usenix-2GHz": open, insecure, and available in all meeting spaces on 802.11b/g frequencies
- "usenix-5GHz": open, insecure, and available in most meeting spaces on 802.11b/g/a frequencies
USENIX does not warrant the security or privacy of information conveyed on the wireless network and recommends the use of encryption.
Computers provided for registration may be used for general Internet access after 9:00 a.m. and before 4:00 p.m. daily.
A printer is available in the registration area and can be used via the registration computers or via the IP address listed on the front of the printer.
The wired and wireless networks provided by USENIX at this conference are for the use of conference attendees only, subject to the following conditions:
- USENIX may monitor these networks.
- Any illicit or intrusive use of the network, including packet sniffing, is expressly forbidden.
- The wireless network is open and insecure. USENIX strongly recommends that all users encrypt their transmissions. Users are solely responsible for the security of their passwords and data.
If you have any questions or concerns about the use of these networks, please contact any USENIX staff or Board member immediately.
Power strips will be available to attendees in the meeting rooms on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bulletin Boards/Vendor Materials
Bulletin boards in the registration area in the Imperial Foyer can be used to leave messages for other attendees, view the latest schedule of Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and search job opportunities. You can pick up information on products, services, and special offers from the literature tables in the registration area.
FCW ’13 Technical Sessions Videos
In keeping with the USENIX Open Access Policy, videos of UCMS ’13, WiAC ’13, HotCloud ’13, and HotStorage ’13 will be available to everyone shortly after they happen.
Stay Connected: Social Media and USENIX Update Blog
Stay on top of all the FCW ’13 chatter:
- Facebook: http://www.usenix.org/facebook
- YouTube: http://www.usenix.org/youtube
- Google+: http://www.usenix.org/gplus
- LinkedIn: http://www.usenix.org/linkedin
- USENIX blog: http://www.usenix.org/blog
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/usenix #fcw13
- Freenode: #wiac
When tweeting about events happening during the week, please use official tags to make the tweets easier to find:
Events are scheduled in the evenings on Monday through Thursday. See the daily schedules on pages 4–7 for more info. Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions (BoFs) will take place on Tuesday–Thursday evenings. Stop by the registration area to reserve a space for a BoF session and view the latest schedule and room locations. The schedule is also available online on the Birds of a Feather Sessions page.
Monday–Thursday, June 24–27
Looking to meet other attendees while enjoying a good meal? Simply write your name and the restaurant you'd like to go to on the board in the registration area. Meet back at the board to join your chosen group and then head out for conversation, food, and drinks.
Please visit our exhibitors in the Imperial Foyer during breaks and after sessions to learn about the latest in research, products, and job opportunities from Akamai, EMC, Google, Hewlett-Packard Labs, Nutanix, Oracle, Puppet Labs, and VMware.
USENIX Conferences Are Green!
USENIX continually seeks additional ways to improve its environmental responsibility. Please see our Statement on Environmental Responsibility.
You can help, too! Please recycle your name badge at the USENIX registration desk when you depart.
connect with us