In cooperation with USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association, SOUPS 2018 will take place August 12–14, 2018, and will be co-located with USENIX Security '18.
Kent Seamons, Brigham Young University
Yasemin Acar, Leibniz University Hannover
High-quality poster presentations are an integral part of SOUPS. We seek poster abstracts describing recent or ongoing research related to usable privacy and security. Accepted poster abstracts will be distributed to symposium participants and made available on the symposium website. A few interactive demos alongside posters will be supported. We also welcome authors of recent published papers on usable privacy and security (2017 to 2018) to submit a poster of their paper to be considered for presentation at the SOUPS poster session. Poster acceptance will be determined by the poster chairs and jury. At the conference, best poster awards will be selected by the poster jury and SOUPS attendees.
This year, the number of students and early career professionals volunteering to participate in SOUPS has expanded. The poster jury plays a large role in growing the SOUPS community, giving new community members an opportunity to participate in the peer review process. The poster jury contains a core of senior members. All poster submissions will be reviewed by at least one of those senior members. We look forward to an exceptionally diverse, inclusive and interesting poster session.
- Submission deadline: May 25, 2018, 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth)
- Notification of poster acceptance: June 9, 2018, 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth)
- Poster session: Sunday evening, August 12, 2018. Posters will remain on display throughout the remainder of SOUPS.
Poster Submission Requirements
- Poster abstract: In the SIGCHI extended abstracts format, at most 4 pages (excluding references). For posters on previously published papers, please submit a document with the full bibliographical citation (title, authors, venue, etc.), a link to the published (official) version, and an abstract. All submissions must be in PDF format and should not be anonymized.
- Poster draft: All submissions (including recently published research) must include a draft of the poster to receive feedback before the conference. Presented posters can be sized up to 36x48 inches, either portrait or landscape, but should be scaled down to normal size (A4 or letter) for submission as a PDF. The posters will be reviewed for accessibility and presentation.
- Demo requirements (optional): If you would like to present a demo alongside your poster, please describe your requirements (table, etc.) in the appropriate field of the submission system. There are no power outlets available for demos, so you will need to support it using laptops, smartphones, or other battery-powered devices.
- Submission: Submit your poster using the electronic submission page. Please use the correct template and follow formatting instructions when preparing your poster abstract to reduce the need for revision after acceptance.
- Presentation: For accepted posters, at least one of the poster authors must attend the conference and present the poster.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Ruba AbuSalma, University College London
Tousif Ahmed, Indiana University
Tamara Bonaci, Northeastern University
Jasmine Bowers, University of Florida
Kovila Coopamootoo, Newcastle University
Anastasia Danilova, University of Bonn
Sauvik Das, Georgia Tech
Yvonne Eichhorn, PTC
Peter Gorski, Technische Hochschule Köln
EJ Jung, University of San Francisco
Arunesh Mathur, Princeton University
Maryam Mehrnezhad, Newcastle University
Kristopher Micinski, Haverford College
Alena Naiakshina, University of Bonn
Borke ObadaObieh, Carleton University
Marten Oltrogge, CISPA, Saarland University
Kopo Ramokapane, Lancaster University
Mohamed Shehab, UNC Charlotte
Imani Sherman, University of Florida
Margaret Todd, Sandia National Labs
Daniel Votipka, University of Maryland
Era Vuksani, MIT Lincoln Laboratory and Carnegie Mellon University
Dominik Wermke, Leibniz University Hannover
Justin Wu, Brigham Young University