SOUPS 2018 Call for Lightning Talks
A continuing feature of SOUPS is a session of 5-minute lightning talks. These talks provide an opportunity to interact with the SOUPS community on a range of usable privacy and security topics. Examples of acceptable topics include:
- Discussing your research agenda, including preliminary research results
- Recounting lessons learned and war stories from conducting user studies in academia, industry, or government labs
- Describe a research challenge that could benefit from community feedback and attention
- Introducing an open source or community project that attendees can get involved in
- Suggesting new paradigms or hot topics in usable privacy and security
In particular, we encourage students to submit a lightning talk proposal. This is a great opportunity to present your research interests to the community, generate hallway conversation, and receive helpful feedback.
This year, we will not be including demos with the lightning talks. Attendees wishing to present a demo are encouraged to submit it to the SOUPS Poster Session.
Submit Your Proposal
If you would like to give a lightning talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, affiliation, the title of the talk, and a brief abstract (up to 200 words).
The early submission date for proposals is Friday, May 25, 2018. Notifications will be set out by Friday, June 1, 2018. Proposals after the early submission date will continue to be accepted until the program is full.