INVITATION FROM THE PROGRAM CHAIR
On behalf of all the LISA '10 organizers, I'd like to invite you to join
us for a career-building adventure in San Jose, CA, at the 24th Large
Installation System Administration Conference, November 7–12, 2010.
For over 20 years, the Large Installation System Administration
Conference (LISA) has been the must-attend system administration
conference. It offers an unparalleled opportunity to meet and mingle with
the leaders of the system administration industry.
Take advantage of 6 days of training that offer face-to-face time
with expert instructors, including:
- David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration
- Patrick Ben Koetter and Ralf Hildebrandt on Dovecot and Postfix Administration
We're again offering series of classes focusing on some of
the most important topics you'll encounter including:
- The Virtualization Series, offering both new and repeat classes that provide the latest virtualization information by instructors such as John Arrasjid and Richard McDougall
- New! The Linux Security and Administration Series, featuring in-depth Linux training by experts including Theodore Ts'o and Rik Farrow
- New! The Super Sysadmin Series, showcasing techniques for time and project management, raising your visibility, and other key skills to take your career to the next level by expert instructors including Tom Limoncelli and Strata Rose Chalup
In addition to the training, 3 days of technical sessions include
top-notch refereed papers, Practice and Experience Reports,
informative invited talks, expert Guru Is In sessions, and a
Over a dozen invited talks feature our most impressive slate of
speakers to date. They include:
- Keynote Address: "The LHC Computing Challenge: Preparation, Reality and Future Outlook," by Tony Cass, CERN
- Closing Session: "Look! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a Sysadmin!," by David N. Blank-Edelman, Northeastern University CCIS
- "10,000,000,000 Files Available Anywhere: NFS at Dreamworks," by Sean Kamath and Mike Cutler, PDI/Dreamworks
- "Operations at Twitter: Scaling Beyond 100 Million Users," by John Adams, Twitter
LISA is the leading forum for presenting new research in system
administration. This year's top-tier research showcases work covering
key topics such as configuration tools and firewall analysis.
The Practice and Experience Reports provide real-world examples from a
variety of topics, including implementing IPv6, configuration management
for Mac OS X, and more.
Bring your questions to the experts in the Guru Is In sessions to unravel
your greatest technical mysteries.
Explore the latest commercial innovations at the Vendor Exhibition.
Benefit from opportunities for peer interaction (a.k.a. the "Hallway
Plus: workshops, posters, BoFs, and more
Discounts are available!
Check out the available discounts for registration, airfare, and hotel.
Help us promote!
Please help us spread the word by displaying a button and distributing flyers. Connect with other attendees on Twitter and Facebook.
Register by Monday, October 18,
and save up to $300!
We're pleased to bring LISA to San Jose and we look forward to seeing you there.
On behalf of the LISA '10 Program Committee,
Rudi van Drunen, Competa IT and Xlexit Technology, The Netherlands
LISA '10 Program Chair