The Eighteenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2022) will take place August 7–9, 2022, and will be co-located with the 31st USENIX Security Symposium in Boston, MA, USA.
In cooperation with USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association
All dates are at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time.
- Submission Deadline: Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Notification of Poster Acceptance: Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Camera-ready deadline: Thursday, June 30, 2022
- Poster Session: TBA
Hala Assal, Carleton University
Camille Cobb, University of Illinois
Posters Junior Co-Chair
Kelsey Fulton, University of Maryland
Imtiaz Ahmad, Indiana University
Taslima Akter, Indiana University
Sabrina Amft, CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security
Oshrat Ayalon, Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS)
Karla Badillo-Urquiola, University of Central Florida
Khadija Baig, Carleton University
Elijah Bouma-Sims, Carnegie Mellon University
Kaiming Cheng, University of Washington
Verena Distler, University of Luxembourg
Chris Fennell, Walmart Global Tech
Shlok Gilda, University of Florida
Weijia He, University of Chicago
Yue Huang, University of British Columbia
Kalpana Hundlani, Carleton University
Adam Jenkins, University of Edinburgh
Martin J. Kraemer, University of Oxford
Leona Lassak, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Sana Maqsood, Carleton University
Florian Mathis, University of Glasgow
Jaron Mink, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Hazel Murray, Munster Technological University
Borke Obada, University of British Columbia
Sean Oesch, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Margie R Ruffin, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
Kimberly Ruth, Stanford University
Theodor Schnitzler, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Emily Tseng, Cornell University
Miranda Wei, University of Washington
Dominik Wermke, George Washington University, CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security
High-quality poster presentations are an integral part of SOUPS. We seek posters and poster abstracts of recent or ongoing research related to usable privacy and security.
We welcome submissions of:
- Preliminary findings from ongoing work
- Undergraduate/master research projects
- Posters about work on usable privacy and security that were recently published at other venues (2021 to 2022)
Poster acceptance will be determined by the poster chairs and jury. Accepted poster submissions will be made available on the website. During the symposium, best poster awards will be selected by the poster jury. At least one member of the research team from each accepted paper must attend SOUPS and present the work.
The poster jury plays a large role in growing the SOUPS community, giving new community members an opportunity to participate in the peer review process. The poster jury also contains a core of senior members. All poster submissions will be reviewed by at least one of those senior members. We look forward to an exceptionally diverse, inclusive, and interesting poster session.
SOUPS 2022 is planned to take place in-person, global health restrictions permitting. We will prepare an interactive and engaging poster session. Presenters can expect to share their work with the community and get feedback. More details on the exact format will be announced.
Poster submission requirements:
- Poster abstract. Original submissions should use the SOUPS template format (available for MS Word or LaTeX), and be at most 4 pages (excluding references). For posters on previously published papers, please submit a simple PDF with the following information: the full bibliographic citation (title, authors, venue, etc.), a link to the published (official) version of the paper, and the paper abstract. All submissions must be in PDF format and should not be anonymized.
- Poster. All submissions (including recently-published research) must include a draft of the poster to be evaluated for acceptance. Please consider the poster’s accessibility (e.g., use text large enough to read when viewed from a reasonable standing distance, use simple non-serif fonts and high contrast between text and background). You can check this guide for more information. Posters should be in landscape orientation. For the submission as PDF, please scale the poster down to normal paper size (US letter or A4).
- Poster submissions will be reviewed by the poster jury. We reserve the right to reject without further review submissions that do not include a poster draft. For inspiration, please see exemplary posters from SOUPS 2021.
- Ethical Research. Your poster submission and research approach—including research instruments—should be inclusive and respectful. A variety of guidance exists on this topic. Please be sure to follow guidance on language use from the USENIX statement on racism and Black, African-American, and African Diaspora inclusion.
How to Submit
Submit your poster using the electronic submission page. Please use the correct template and follow formatting instructions when preparing your poster abstract to reduce the need for revision after acceptance.
SOUPS 2022 Posters will be a hybrid event (ie, participants will have the option to present in-person and/or virtually). More information will be communicated to authors of accepted posters.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.