Yasemin Acar, Leibniz University Hannover
Heather Crawford, Florida Institute of Technology
High-quality poster presentations are an integral part of SOUPS. We seek poster abstracts describing recent or ongoing research related to usable privacy and security. Accepted poster abstracts will be distributed to symposium participants and made available on the symposium website. A few interactive demos alongside posters will be supported. We also welcome authors of recently published papers on usable privacy and security (2018 to 2019) to submit a poster of their paper to be considered for presentation at the SOUPS poster session. Poster acceptance will be determined by the poster chairs and jury. At the conference, best poster awards will be selected by the poster jury and SOUPS attendees.
Since 2018, the number of students and early career professionals volunteering to participate in SOUPS has expanded. The poster jury plays a large role in growing the SOUPS community, giving new community members an opportunity to participate in the peer review process. The poster jury contains a core of senior members. All poster submissions will be reviewed by at least one of those senior members. We look forward to an exceptionally diverse, inclusive, and interesting poster session.
All dates are at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time.
- Submission deadline: Friday, May 24, 2019
- Notification of poster acceptance: Sunday, June 8, 2019
- Poster session: Sunday evening, August 11, 2019
Posters will remain on display throughout the remainder of SOUPS.
Poster submission requirements:
- Poster abstract: In the SIGCHI extended abstracts format, at most 4 pages (excluding references). For posters on previously published papers, please submit a document with the full bibliographical citation (title, authors, venue, etc.), a link to the published (official) version, and an abstract. All submissions must be in PDF format and should not be anonymized.
- Poster draft: All submissions (including recently published research) must include a draft of the poster to receive feedback before the conference. Presented posters can be sized up to 36 x 48 inches, either portrait or landscape, but should be scaled down to normal size (A4 or letter) for submission as a PDF. The posters will be reviewed for accessibility and presentation.
- Demo requirements (optional): If you would like to present a demo alongside your poster, please describe your requirements (table, etc.) in the appropriate field of the submission system. Efforts will be made to position tables near a power outlet, but you will need to provide your own extension cords or power strips, or plan to support your demo using battery-powered devices.
- Submission. Submit your poster using the electronic submission page. The URL will be posted shortly. Please use the correct template and follow formatting instructions when preparing your poster abstract to reduce the need for revision after acceptance.
- Presentation: For accepted posters, at least one of the poster authors must attend the conference and present the poster.
Contact email@example.com with questions.