A continuing feature of SOUPS is a session of strictly timed 5-minute lightning talks. These talks provide an opportunity to interact with the SOUPS community on a range of usable privacy and security topics. Examples of acceptable topics include:
- Discussion of your research agenda, including preliminary research results
- Recounting lessons learned and war stories from conducting user studies in academia, industry, or government labs
- Describing a research challenge that could benefit from community feedback and attention
- Introducing an open source or community project that attendees can get involved in
- An exciting visualization, new user interface or interaction paradigm related to security and privacy
We strongly encourage students to submit a lightning talk proposal. This is a great opportunity to present your research interests to the community, generate hallway conversation, and receive helpful feedback. We also invite advisors to encourage their students to present current work.
This year, we will not be including demos with the lightning talks. Attendees wishing to present a demo are encouraged to submit it to the SOUPS Poster Session.
All dates are at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time.
- Early submission deadline:
May 24, 2019May 31, 2019 (Deadline extended)
- Early acceptance notification: June 8, 2019
Submissions received after May 24th will be considered until the program is full.
Submit Your Proposal
If you would like to give a lightning talk, please email email@example.com with your name, affiliation, title of the talk, and a brief abstract (up to 200 words).