usenix conference policies
HotPar '12 Consent Form for Invited Talks and Panels
CONSENT FORM FOR INVITED TALKS AND PANELS
HotPar '12: 4th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Parallelism
June 7–8, 2012, Berkeley, CA, USA
Please return this form to:
- Casey Henderson, Production Manager
- USENIX Association
- 2560 Ninth Street, Suite 215
- Berkeley, CA 94710
- Tel: (510) 528-8649
- Fax: (510) 548-5738
AUTHORIZATION AND LICENSE TO PUBLISH
A major mission of the USENIX Association is to provide for the creation and dissemination of knowledge. In order to facilitate this process, USENIX allows authors to retain ownership of the copyright to their works, requesting only that it be granted a nonexclusive right to publish. The USENIX Association also wishes to allow the free reproduction of published material for educational and/or research purposes.
Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
1. Grant of Rights to Publish. You hereby grant to The USENIX Association ("USENIX") nonexclusive rights to publish your talk or panel participation provisionally entitled:
(the "Talk") and to disseminate the Talk in printed form, electronically, and in audiovisual formats (the "Rights").
USENIX may wish to disseminate the Talk (either in tape form or as a live broadcast), to publish overheads or slides and audiovisual content on the USENIX Web server, and to otherwise disseminate the Talk.
2. Author Retention of Ownership. Other than granting USENIX the Rights set forth above, you retain all right, title and interest in the Talk. These Rights do not transfer to USENIX any title to or ownership of the Talk.
3. Warranties. You warrant that:
a. you are the sole author and owner of the Talk and the rights pertaining thereto;
- b. USENIX does not need the permission of any other party to exercise the Rights granted herein;
- c. the Talk does not contain any libelous or unlawful material;
- d. the Talk does not infringe upon the rights of others;
- e. the Talk and its contents are original to you;
- f. if the Talk contains significant excerpts from other copyrighted materials, written permission from the copyright holders have been obtained, copies are attached to this document, and proper credit has been given in the Talk.
Signature of Author___________________________________________
Printed Name of
Authorized Signature for USENIX_______________________________________________________
Exemption for employees of the United States Government:
I attest that the above Talk was prepared as part of the official duties of the author(s) as employees of the US Government and that a transfer of copyright cannot be made.
connect with us