General Session Refereed
Free and Open Source
Software (FREENIX) Track
NEW! SIG Sessions
Keynote and Invited Talks
Guru Sessions, WiPs, and BoFs
Registration, Hotel, and
Submitting a Training Track Proposal
USENIX's highly respected training program offers
intensive, immediately applicable tutorials on topics essential to the
use, development, and administration of advanced computing systems.
Skilled instructors, hands-on experts in their topic areas,
present both introductory and advanced tutorials covering topics such
as (this list is not comprehensivefeel free to propose topics not listed):
To provide the best possible tutorial slate, USENIX continually
solicits proposals for new tutorials. If you are interested in
presenting a tutorial, contact Dan Klein, Training Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- System administration, maintenance, monitoring, and security:
- Systems application configuration and maintenance
- High availability and quality of service
- Monitoring: SNMP, log analysis, etc.
- Distributed data: LDAP, Web, etc.
- Techniques: time management, failover management, etc.
- Operating systems (Linux, *BSD, Mac, Solaris, NT, etc.):
- File systems and storage systems
- Interoperability of heterogeneous systems
- Embedded systems
- Systems and network security:
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Hacking and countermeasures
- General security topics: Internet, wireless, data, etc.
- Applications and algorithms:
- Security and privacy, cryptography
- Web-based technologies
- Mobile code and mobile computing
- New algorithms and applications
- Application development (threads, Perl, scripting, etc.)
- Wireless and mobile computing
- Personal digital assistants
- Distributed, replicated, and Web-based systems
- Emerging technologies:
- New applications
- New technologies
- Topics not listed above!