Welcome to all SREcon20 Americas speakers!
- Sign your Consent to Publish form.
USENIX requires a signed consent form from all presenters, which allows us to publish the slides and/or video of your talk. USENIX makes these freely available to the public as part of our commitment to open access. Please review and e-sign the SREcon20 Americas Consent Form for Talks, Panels, and Podcasts. If your company requires that you sign its speaker release form instead, please send the completed version to email@example.com.
- Register for the conference.
The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online.
- Read the USENIX Event Code of Conduct and USENIX Event Guidelines for Speakers.
Please ensure your talk follows the guidelines outlined in the Code of Conduct for USENIX Events and Online Community Spaces.
- Prepare and submit your presentation materials by Friday, November 13, 2020.
Speakers must record videos of their presentations and prepare their slide decks prior to the conference. Submit your videos and slide decks via the submissions system. Specification requirements for both the videos and slides are below.
Use of Images, Audio, and Video in Your Materials
It is very important that you secure permission to use copyright-protected materials in your slide deck, video, or other materials used at a conference or submitted for publication. Even when an item has a Creative Commons license, you must read and comply with the terms of the license.
USENIX receives copyright infringement notices from time to time, resulting from authors or speakers using copyright-protected materials without proper licensing or attribution. When this happens, we have to unpublish the work in question until/unless the issue is resolved. Licensing fees may be incurred, even when the work is unpublished, and USENIX will bill the author or speaker for any costs incurred. When possible, USENIX will refer the complainant directly to the author or speaker, who will be solely responsible for resolving the complaint.
For our virtual event, speakers must pre-record a video of their talk. This video will be played live for you by the USENIX staff during the event at your designated time slot in the program.
- Length: 18–20 minutes or 38–40 minutes, depending on the length of your talk proposal
- File format: H.264 MP4
- Resolution: 1080p
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Max file size: 500MB
- File name: srecon20americas_video_[yourlastname].mp4 (e.g. srecon20americas_video_zadok.mp4)
- Clearly audible audio (headphones and headsets are permitted)
- Fullscreen slides with a speaker inset, as shown here:
Please ensure that your speaker inset does not cover any pertinent information on your slides.
- Need help preparing your video? See our document, "USENIX Virtual Conferencing Video Instructions for Presenters," for step-by-step instructions, additional tips, and best practices.
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Introduction slide that clearly lists the name of your talk and your name
- Closing slide to thank your audience and/or collaborators and to display your contact information should you wish to receive follow-up questions from attendees
- File format: PDF