SREcon18 Americas Speaker Information
Welcome to all SREcon18 Americas speakers! We're so glad that you'll be joining us in Santa Clara, CA, USA.
- Sign your Consent-to-Publish form.
- One of USENIX’s major missions is to provide for the creation and dissemination of new knowledge. Unlike most publishers, USENIX permits speakers to retain their ownership of the copyrights in their works. We therefore require each speaker to provide written consent giving USENIX the right to publish the audio and/or video of your talk. USENIX makes these freely available to the public as part of our commitment to open access. To review and e-sign the form, follow this link and read the instructions on the screen. If your company requires that you sign its speaker release form instead, please send the completed version to email@example.com.
- Register for the conference.
- The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online.
- Read the USENIX Event Code of Conduct and USENIX Event Guidelines for Speakers.
- Please ensure your talk follows the guidelines outlined in the USENIX Event Code of Conduct and Guidelines for Speakers.
- Prepare your slide deck.
- Slides should be set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Get your visa.
- If you live abroad and need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact the USENIX Conference Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Visa applications can take at least 30 working days to process. Please identify yourself as a presenter, and include your full postal address in your email.
- Email your slides (after the conference).
- In order to make your talk available on the program web page immediately after the conference, please email your electronic files to email@example.com as soon as possible after your presentation.
All lightning talks will be conducted with 15 second auto-advance. Your deck should be exactly 20 slides + 1 non-speaking “bio” slide at the beginning to cover the transition from the prior speaker. If you want to speak longer about a particular slide, just duplicate it to extend its time on the screen.
Send Us Your Lightning Talk Slides:
To facilitate smooth transitions between lightning talks, please create your slide deck in Google Slides, and send the link to your finalized slide deck to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 23. All of the lightning talks will be driven from a single laptop so that we won't be switching gear between each speaker.
A/V and Technical Setup
We will provide equipment for projection, plus the following:
- 1 wireless microphone
- Cables and extension cords: HDMI, Mini-Displayport, and VGA are provided for connecting your laptop to the AV setup. Please check your device ahead of time, and bring any special adapters you might need.
Laptops are not provided. If you will be unable to bring a laptop and need to arrange to borrow one, or if you wish to discuss any special A/V needs, please contact the Conference Department (email@example.com, 510-528-8649).
Promote Yourself and the Event on Social Media!
Please wait until we post the program before you announce that you’re speaking at the conference, as not every submitter has learned whether their proposal was accepted. Once the program is posted, help us promote the conference on social media with the #SREcon hashtag.
Our attendees come from around the world to learn from you, so this is your chance to get people excited about your session. We've posted some suggested Tweets and sample graphics below, which you're welcome to use.
I'm speaking at #SREcon in Santa Clara, CA, USA, on March 27–29, 2018. Join me! http://bit.ly/2xTITZ3
Join me at #SREcon in Santa Clara, CA, USA, on March 27–29, 2018! http://bit.ly/2xTITZ3
Feel free to use the banners below to promote your session at SREcon18 Americas. Contact the USENIX Communications Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need a different size.
Size: 180x180 pixels
Size: 180x180 pixels