Welcome to all PEPR '22 speakers! We're so glad that you'll be joining us either in Santa Clara, CA, USA, or on Zoom on June 23–24, 2022.
- Sign your Consent to Publish form.
USENIX requires a signed consent form from all presenters, which allows us to publish the audio, slides, and/or video of your talk. USENIX makes these freely available to the public as part of our commitment to open access. Please review and e-sign the PEPR '22 Consent Form for Talks and Panels. If your company requires that you sign its speaker release form instead, please send the completed version to email@example.com.
- Register for the conference.
The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online. More information about our health and safety plan is available on the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and USENIX Conferences page.
- Get your visa.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a United States visa to attend the conference in person, please contact the Conference Department as soon as possible. Visa applications are reportedly taking more than two months to process. Please identify yourself as a presenter or an author, and include your mailing address in your email request.
- Read the USENIX Code of Conduct.
Please ensure your talk follows the guidelines outlined in the USENIX Code of Conduct.
- Use of Images, Audio, and Video in your Materials.
It is very important that you secure permission to use copyright-protected materials in your slide deck, video, or other materials used at a conference or submitted for publication. Even when an item has a Creative Commons license, you must read and comply with the terms of the license.
USENIX receives copyright infringement notices from time to time, resulting from authors or speakers using copyright-protected materials without proper licensing or attribution. When this happens, we have to unpublish the work in question until/unless the issue is resolved. Licensing fees may be incurred, even when the work is unpublished, and USENIX will bill the author or speaker for any costs incurred. When possible, USENIX will refer the complainant directly to the author or speaker, who will be solely responsible for resolving the complaint.
- A/V and Technical Setup.
Speakers are expected to use their own laptops and presentation clickers for their talks. USENIX will provide the following equipment:
- Projection screen and projector.
- Wireless microphone(s).
- Connectivity for laptops with HDMI and USB-C ports. If your laptop uses a different video standard (e.g. Mini DisplayPort or mini-HDMI), please make sure to bring any adapters you might need to connect to the projection system.
PEPR '22 Slides and Video Specifications
The instructions and specifications below are for speakers who will present virtually at PEPR '22. Videos and slide decks are due via Box upload link by Tuesday, June 7, 2022. The video will be played live for you during the conference at your designated time slot in the program.
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Leave sufficient space in the top-right corner for the speaker inset showing you presenting your talk
- Introduction slide that clearly lists the title of your talk and your name
- Closing slide to thank your audience and/or collaborators and to display your contact information should you wish to receive follow-up questions from attendees
- File format: PDF
- File name: pepr22_slides_[yourlastname].pdf (e.g. pepr22_slides_smith.pdf)
- Length: 8–10 minutes or 18–20 minutes, depending on the length of your talk proposal
- File format: H.264 MP4
- Resolution: 1080p
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Max file size: 500MB
- Clearly audible audio (headphones and headsets are permitted)
- File name: pepr22_video_[speakerlastname].mp4 (e.g. pepr22_video_smith.mp4)
- Fullscreen slides with a speaker inset, as shown here:
Please ensure that your speaker inset does not cover any pertinent information on your slides.
- Need help preparing your video? See our document, "USENIX Virtual Conferencing Video Instructions for Presenters," for step-by-step instructions, additional tips, and best practices.
- Need a background to hide your messy office? Download one of USENIX's video conference backgrounds.
Promote Yourself and the Event on Social Media!
Please help us promote the conference on social media with the #pepr22 hashtag. Our attendees come from around the world to learn from you, so here's your chance to get people excited about your session. We've posted some graphics below which you're welcome to use.
I'm speaking at #pepr22 in Santa Clara, June 23–24, 2022. Join me! http://bit.ly/pepr2022
Join me at #pepr22 in Santa Clara, June 23–24, 2022! http://bit.ly/pepr2022
Feel free to use the banners below to promote your session at PEPR '22. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a different size.
Size: 600x600 pixels
Size: 600x600 pixels