- LISA '12 Home
- Registration Information
- Registration Discounts
- At a Glance
- Conference Themes
- Training Program
- Technical Sessions
- Data Storage Day
- ION San Diego
- Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions
- Why Attend?
- Hotel and Travel Information
- Students and Grants
- Help Promote
- Flyer PDF
- Brochure PDF
- For Participants
- Call for Participation
- Past Proceedings
You are here
VMware vCloud Concepts, Technology, and Operations
This class will focus on the latest vCloud technologies. An overview of the technology, design, implementation, and management will be covered concisely, and demonstrations of various aspects will be given.
This is a vendor-specific class. VMware-specific details will be covered, but concepts may be applicable to other cloud computing technologies. This session will cover the VMware perspective on implementing a cloud solution, the technologies used, third-party integration considerations, and operational concepts.
Consumers, system administrators, cloud operators, and cloud architects who are interested in learning about the VMware vCloud solution, which is based on NIST guidelines. Experience with VMware vSphere, VMware Chargeback, and Distributed Virtual Switches is preferred but not required.
- How VMware vCloud implements cloud functionality based on the NIST guidelines
- The basics of developing a cloud solution with VMware
- An understanding of the concepts and technology used in a vCloud-based cloud computing infrastructure
- How to utilize the VMware vCloud Architecture Toolkit (vCAT) for learning, architecting, operating, and consuming a VMware vCloud
- VMware vCloud core concepts and features
- The VMware suite of technologies used to stand up cloud computing environments, including public/private/hybrid and on/off premises
- VMware vCloud mechanisms for multi-tenancy, resource elasticity, segmentation of resources, and provisioning mechanisms through the use of VMware vCloud Director, vShield, vCenter Chargeback, vCloud Connector, and other technologies
- Sections of the vCAT materials and how they are used by architects, operators, and consumers of a vCloud-based deployment
- Demonstration of features