These instructions are for those who will be presenting at the 10th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems (HotStorage '18). If you wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please see the Conferences page to find the conference you're interested in.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Visa applications can take at least 30 working days to process. Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email.
Instructions for Authors of Refereed Papers
- Final Papers: A printable PDF of your paper, no longer than five (5) pages excluding references, is due on or before Thursday, May 17, 2018. Please note:
- This is a hard deadline, no extensions will be granted.
- Papers should be typeset in two-column format in 10-point Times Roman type on 12-point leading (single-spaced), in a text block 6.5" wide by 9" deep.
- Templates and sample first pages (two-column format) for Microsoft Word and LaTeX are available on the USENIX templates page.
- Upload your final paper to the submissions system by May 17, 2018. If you have questions, please contact the Production Department.
- Production Requirements:
- Title, author, and abstract certification: The final PDF's title and author information, including author order and affiliation, and the abstract, must exactly match the information entered into the HotCRP submission system. Please make sure this information is correct and check the certification checkbox.
- Please embed all fonts and make sure that your final paper PDF is searchable.
- Consent Form: Each author must sign a consent to publish form, which allows USENIX to publish the paper as well as any slides, audio, and/or video of your presentation. USENIX makes these freely available as part of our commitment to open access. To review and e-sign the form, follow this link. If you are the lead author, please be sure all of your co-authors sign a form.
- Presentations: We will provide the following equipment:
• 1 LCD projector
• 1 screen
• 1 wired lavalier microphone
• Cables and extension cords
Please note: laptops are not provided.
Slides should set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio. In order to make your presentation available on the USENIX website immediately after the conference, please email a PDF of your slides to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after your presentation.
- All papers will be available online to registered attendees before the workshop. If your accepted paper should not be published prior to the event, please notify the Production Department. The papers will be available online to everyone beginning on the first day of the workshop.