Instructions for Participants
These instructions are for those who will be presenting material at the 5th USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet (FOCI '15). If you wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please see the Conferences page to find the conference you're interested in.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible (Visa applications can take at least 30 working days to process.) Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email.
Instructions for Authors of Refereed Papers
- Final Papers: A printable PDF of your paper, no longer than eight 8.5" x 11" pages excluding references, is due on or before Friday, July 24, 2015. Please note that this is a hard deadline, no extensions will be granted. Upload your final paper to the Web submissions system by July 24, 2015.
- Consent Form: USENIX requires a signed consent form from each author of a refereed paper.
- Author Resources: Resources to help authors submit papers and posters that meet USENIX publishing guidelines, including templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word, are available on the Author Resources page.
- Registration: Registration information is now available. You will be contacted by the Conference Department with registration information. Please note: If the conference registration fee poses a financial hardship for the presenter of the refereed paper, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentations: We will provide an LCD projector, screen, microphone, cables, and extension cords. Please note: laptops are not provided.
Slides should set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio. In order to make your presentation available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the conference, please email your electronic files to email@example.com as soon as possible after your presentation.
- All papers will be available online to registered attendees before the conference. If your accepted paper should not be published prior to the event, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org. The papers will be available online to everyone beginning on the day of the workshop, August 10, 2015.
Instructions for Keynote Speakers, Invited Speakers, and Panelists
- The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online. We will provide an LCD projector, screen, microphone, cables, and extension cords. Please note: laptops are not provided. If you will be unable to bring a laptop and need to arrange to borrow one, or if you wish to discuss any special A/V needs, please contact the Conference Department via email at email@example.com or via phone at 510-528-8649.
- Consent Form: USENIX requires a signed consent form from all presenters.
- Presentation slides: Slides should set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio. In order to make your talk available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the conference, please email your electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after your presentation.