You are here
Using Apache CloudStack to Build a Big IaaS Cloud
IaaS provides infrastructure as a service, allowing your customers to spin up VMs, services, and even machine images on demand. In this class, you will learn about building IaaS clouds using Apache CloudStack. We'll cover everything from initial configuration to scaling and maintaining availability. Apache CloudStack works with KVM, vSphere, and XenServer/XCP for virtualization, and also supports Amazon Web Services.
Intermediate to advanced sysadmins or enterprise architects wanting to deploy a production Infrastructure as a Service cloud.
Prerequisites: Experience with virtualization platforms and deep understanding of layer two and three (L2/L3) networking is preferred but not required.
What you need to deploy an IaaS cloud based on Apache CloudStack in an enterprise environment.
- Deploying Apache CloudStack
- Next-generation network topologies, including SDN
- Scaling storage without becoming indentured to SAN vendors
- Making CloudStack scale to tens of thousands of physical nodes
- Maintaining availability in a "failure-is-assured" environment