usenix conference policies
CSET '12 Consent Form for Refereed Papers
CONSENT FORM for REFEREED PAPERS
CSET '12: 5th Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and Test
August 6, 2012, Bellevue, WA, USA
We must receive your signed consent form at the time you submit your files. All authors may sign a single form, or each author may send in a separate signed form. Please return this form by fax or mail to:
MIchele Nelson, Production Manager, USENIX Association
Fax: 510 548 5738
AUTHORIZATION AND LICENSE TO PUBLISH
A major mission of the USENIX Association is to provide for the creation and dissemination of new knowledge. In order to facilitate this process, USENIX allows authors to retain ownership of the copyright to their works, requesting only that USENIX be granted an exclusive right to publish for a limited period of time. The USENIX Association also wishes to allow the free reproduction of published material for educational and/or research purposes.
Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- Grant of Rights to Publish. You hereby grant to The USENIX Association ("USENIX"), exclusive rights to publish the paper provisionally entitled:
(the "Paper") and to disseminate the Paper in printed form, electronically, and in audiovisual formats (the "Rights").
USENIX initially plans to publish the Article in the following publication:
Proceedings of CSET '12
(the "Original Publication")
and to mount the files permanently on the USENIX Web site, but may also wish to otherwise disseminate the Paper, as well as the oral presentation of the Paper (either on media or as a live broadcast), and to publish overheads or slides and audiovisual content on the USENIX Web server.
- Posting. During the term of the Rights, you shall not publish or grant others the right to publish or otherwise disseminate the Paper. However, you shall retain the right to post the Paper on your FTP or Web site(s) for electronic access, provided that in such event you include a notice to the effect that the Paper shall be or was first published in the Original Publication as described above.
- Duration of Rights. These Rights will remain in effect for 12 months following USENIX's notification to you of its acceptance of the Paper. Thereafter the Rights will remain in effect as non-exclusive rights to continue disseminating the Paper in print, electronic, and audio formats.
- Author Retention of Ownership. Other than granting USENIX the Rights set forth above, you retain all right, title, and interest in the Paper. These Rights do not transfer to USENIX any title to or ownership of the Paper.
- Notice Request. USENIX will include the following notice on the first page of the Original Publication: "Copyright to this work is retained by the author[s]. Permission is granted for the noncommercial reproduction of the complete work for educational or research purposes."
- Subsequent Publication by Author. You are requested to include a notice of original publication by USENIX in any subsequent publication of the Paper or a revised version of the Paper.
- Warranties. You warrant that:
- a. You are the sole author and owner of the Paper and the rights pertaining thereto or, if the Paper is a work of joint authorship, that all of the owners of the Paper have signed and submitted a copy of this document. If the Paper is owned by your employer, you have obtained permission to enter into this agreement.
- b. USENIX does not need the permission of any other party to exercise the Rights granted herein.
- c. The Paper does not contain any libelous or unlawful material.
- d. The Paper does not infringe upon the rights of others.
- e. The Paper and its contents are original to you.
- f. The Paper is not currently submitted for publication and has not been previously published elsewhere.
- g. If the Paper contains significant excerpts from other copyrighted materials, written permission from the copyright holders have been obtained, copies of such permission are attached to this document, and proper credit has been given in the Paper.
Signature of Author(s)____________________________________________________________
Printed Name(s) of Author(s)_______________________________________________________
Authorized Signature for USENIX [MIchele Nelson]__________________________________
connect with us