Next: About this document
Up: Automatic I/O Hint Generation
- Mary Baker, et. al. Measurements of a distributed
file system. Proceedings of the 13th SOSP, October 1991.
- Luis-Felipe Cabrera and Darrell D. E. Long. Swift:
Using distributed disk striping to provide high I/O data rates. Computing
Systems 4(4), pp.405-436, Fall 1991.
- P. Cao, E.W. Felton and K. Li. Implementation and
performance of application-controlled file caching. Proceedings of the 1st
OSDI. November, 1994.
- ViC*: A preprocessor for virtual-memory C*. TR
PCS-TR94-243, Department of Computer Science, Dartmouth College, November 1994.
- K.M. Curewitz, P. Krishnan and J.S. Vitter.
Practical prefetching via data compression. Proceedings of the 1993
SIGMOD, May 1993.
- The Multics input/output system. Proceedings of
the 3rd SOSP, 1971.
- P.A. Franaszek, J.T. Robinson and A. Thomasian.
Concurrency control for high contention environments. ACM TODS, V 17(2),
pp. 304-345, June 1992.
- Garth Gibson, et. al. A cost-effective,
high-bandwidth storage architecture. Proceedings of the 8th ASPLOS.
- J. Griffioen and R. Appleton. Reducing file
system latency using a predictive approach. Proceedings of 1994 Summer USENIX,
- John H. Hartman. The Zebra striped network file
system. Doctoral thesis, UCB/CSD-95-867, December 1994.
- David Kotz and Carla Ellis. Practical prefetching
techniques for parallel file systems. Proceedings of the 1st PDIS,
- T. Kroeger and D. Long. Predicting file system
actions from prior events. Proceedings of 1996 Winter USENIX, January 1996.
- Hui Lei and Dan Duchamp. An analytical approach to file
prefetching. Proceedings of the 1996 Winter USENIX, January 1997.
- M.K. McKusick, et. al. A fast file system for
UNIX. ACM TOCS, V 2(3), pp. 181-197, August 1984.
- Todd Mowry, Angela Demke and Orran Krieger. Automatic
compiler-inserted I/O prefetching for out-of-core applications. Proceedings
of the 2nd OSDI, October 1996.
- J.K. Ousterhout, et. al. A trace-driven
analysis of the UNIX 4.2 BSD file system. Proceedings of the 10th SOSP,
- M. Paleczny, K. Kennedy and C. Koelbel. Compiler
support for out-of-core arrays on data parallel machines. Proceedings of the
5th Symposium on the Frontiers of Massively Parallel Computation,
- David Patterson, Garth Gibson and Randy Katz.
A case for redundant arrays of inexpensive disks (RAID). Proceedings of the
1988 SIGMOD. June 1988.
- Hugo Patterson and Garth Gibson. Exposing
I/O concurrency with informed prefetching. Proceedings of the 3rd PDIS.
- Hugo Patterson, et. al. Informed prefetching
and caching. Proceedings of the 15th SOSP. December, 1995.
- Hugo Patterson. Informed prefetching and
caching. Doctoral Thesis, CMU-CS-97-204, December 1997.
- Michael L. Powell. The DEMOS file system.
Proceedings of the 6th SOSP, November 1977.
- David Rochberg and Garth Gibson. Prefetching
over a network: Early experience with CTIP. ACM SIGMETRICS Performance
Evaluation Review, V 25(3), pp. 29-36, December 1997.
- R. Thakur, R. Bordawekar and A. Choudhary.
Compilation of out-of-core data parallel programs for distributed memory
machines. Workshop on I/O in Parallel Computer Systems, IPPS94, April 1994.
- K.S. Trivedi. An analysis of prepaging. Computing,
V 22(3), pp.191-210, 1979.
- Robert Wahbe, et. al. Efficient software-based fault
isolation. Proceedings of the 14th SOSP, December 1993.
Tue Jan 5 18:05:04 EST 1999