HotCloud '17 Instructions for Authors
These instructions are for those who will be presenting material at the 9th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '17). If you wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please see the Conferences page to find the conference you're interested in.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. (Visa applications can take at least 30 working days to process.) Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email.
Instructions for Authors of Refereed Papers
- Final Papers: A printable PDF of your paper, no longer than five (5) pages not including references and discussion topic section, is due on or before Tuesday, May 16, 2017. Please note:
- This is a hard deadline, no extensions will be granted.
- Papers should be typeset in two-column format in 10-point Times Roman type on 12-point leading (single-spaced), with the text block being no more than 6.5" wide by 9" deep. As references do not count against the page limit, they should not be set in a smaller font.
- Templates and sample first pages (two-column format) for Microsoft Word and LaTeX are available on the USENIX templates page.
- Upload your final paper to the Web submissions system by May 16, 2017. If you have questions, please contact Michele Nelson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All paper titles, authors, and affiliations are rendered from the HotCRP Web submission system metadata. Please make sure to update the metadata in the submission system when you upload your final paper PDF.
- Please make sure that your final paper PDF is searchable.
• 1 LCD projector
• 1 screen
• 1 wired Lavalier microphone
• cables and extension cords
Please note: laptops are not provided.
Slides should set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio. In order to make your presentation available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the workshop, please email your electronic files to email@example.com as soon as possible after your presentation.