These instructions are for those who will be presenting material at the 7th USENIX Workshop on Free and Open Communications on the Internet (FOCI '17). If you wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please see the Conferences page to find the conference you're interested in.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. (Visa applications can take at least 30 working days to process.) Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email.
Instructions for Authors of Refereed Papers
- Final Papers: A printable PDF of your paper is due on or before Wednesday, July 19, 2017. Please note:
- This is a hard deadline, no extensions will be granted.
- Papers should be typeset in two-column format in 10-point Times Roman type on 12-point leading (single-spaced), with the text block being no more than 6.5" wide by 9" deep.
- Templates and sample first pages (two-column format) for Microsoft Word and LaTeX are available on the USENIX templates page.
- Upload your final paper to the Web submissions system by July 19, 2017. If you have questions, please contact Michele Nelson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Production Requirements: NEW for FOCI '17
- All paper titles, authors, and affiliations are rendered from the information in the HotCRP Web submission system. Please make sure to update this information as necessary when you upload your final paper PDF.
- Please make sure that your final paper PDF is searchable.
- Consent Form: Because USENIX allows authors to retain ownership of the copyright in their works, we require a signed consent form from each author of a refereed paper, giving USENIX the right to publish that work. To review the consent form and sign with an electronic signature, follow this link and read the instructions on the screen. If you are the lead author, please make sure all of your co-authors sign a form.
- Registration: The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online. Please note: If the conference registration fee poses a financial hardship for the presenter of the refereed paper, please contact email@example.com.
- Presentations: We will provide equipment for projection, plus the following:
• 1 wireless microphone
• Cables and extension cords: HDMI, Mini-Displayport, and VGA are provided for connecting your laptop to the AV setup. Please check your device ahead of time and bring any special adapters you might need.
Please note: laptops are not provided.
Slides should be set up for a 16:9 aspect ratio. In order to make your presentation available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the workshop, please email your electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after your presentation.
- All papers will be available online to registered attendees before the workshop. If your accepted paper should not be published prior to the event, please notify email@example.com. The papers will be available online to everyone beginning on the first day of the workshop.