LISA Special Interest Group for Sysadmins
LISA is a Special Interest Group of the USENIX Association.
- Offering conferences and training to enhance the technical and managerial capabilities of members of the profession.
- Promoting activities that advance the state of the art or the community.
- Providing tools, information, and services to assist system administrators and their organizations.
- Establishing standards of professional excellence, including the System Administrators’ Code of Ethics, and recognizing those who attain them.
LISA SIG offers its members professional and technical information through a variety of programs:
- Discount on registration for LISA conferences, the most in-depth, real-world system administration training available.
- The USENIX Short Topics in System Administration book series
- Access to the large and growing online library of USENIX Short Topics in System Administration books
- A free book every year: Your choice of any book in print
- Discount on all USENIX Short Topics in System Administration books in print
- Access to the LISA SIG Jobs Board list of jobs available
- Ability to post on the LISA SIG Jobs Board jobs wanted page
- The option to join LISA-members, an electronic mailing list for peer discussion and advice
- Discounts on industry-related publications
- Immediate access to the extensively tabulated results of the LISA SIG Salary Survey