Instructions for Authors: |
Workshop on Organizing Workshops, Conferences, and Symposia for Computer Systems (WOWCS '08)
This page is for authors who have had material accepted to
present at the Workshop on Organizing Workshops, Conferences, and Symposia for Computer Systems. If you
wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please return
page and select the conference in which you're interested.
Accepted authors, please read this page!
1. Register for the workshop as soon as possible.
2. Electronic versionsPDF and HTMLof your
paper are due on or before April 1, 2008. Please email your files to email@example.com, and please remember to compress the HTML.
3. Sign and fax the
Workshop on Organizing Workshops, Conferences, and Symposia for Computer Systems Consent Form to Casey Henderson at the USENIX office, 510-548-5738. It is not necessary to collect all authors' signatures on a single form, but it is necessary for every author to sign and return a consent form by April 1, 2008.
4. The formatting instructions have been condensed into this convenient checklist. Please verify each one against your PDF printout and file:
|[ ]||2-column format||[ ]||Times Roman text|
|[ ]||text block 6.5 x 9 inches||[ ]||gutter between columns: .25 inch|
|[ ]||text: 10 point||[ ]||line spacing: 12 point (single-spaced)|
|[ ]||all fonts embedded||[ ]||illustrations reproducible in black and white|
|[ ]||include page numbers|
5. You may find these instructions on generating PDF from LaTeX helpful.
6. Need advice about generating HTML? See these Tips for Conversion from LaTeX to HTML.
7. If you wish, make use of these sample first pages (two-column format):
- MS Word
- LaTeX, a style file, and a bibtex file.
- Framemaker 6 template and PDF of the template
If you experience difficulties, please don't hesitate to contact Jane-Ellen
firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-528-8649 ext. 14.
If you find yourself in dire
straits, please contact your Program Chair,
Jeff Mogul, email@example.com.