Instructions for Participants: |
LISA '11: 25th Large Installation System Administration Conference
This page is for those who will be presenting material at LISA '11. If you
wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please return
page and select the conference in which you're interested.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Jane-Ellen
email@example.com, 510-528-8649 ext. 14.
If you find yourself in dire
straits, please contact your Program Co-Chairs,
Thomas A. Limoncelli and Doug Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the instructions linked below if you are:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS OF REFEREED PAPERS
- July 22: Title revision due (optional)
- September 12: Final file due (note date change)
- September 15: Signed consent form received by USENIX
- September 30: First draft of slides sent to your shepherd
- October/November: At least one rehearsal of your presentation with your shepherd (via video chat)
- December 7–9: Your presentation at LISA '11!
FINAL FILES INSTRUCTIONS
1. A printable PDF, no more than 18 pages, of your
paper, along with consent forms with the signature of each author, is due on or before September 12, 2011.
Upload your final paper to the Web submissions system by September 12. If you have questions, please contact Jane-Ellen Long, email@example.com.
2. Print, sign, and fax the
LISA '11 Consent Form for Refereed Paper Authors.
3. Using LaTeX? Read these instructions on generating PDF from LaTeX and follow them carefully. You will save a lot of time and hassle at the deadline. Naively produced PDFs may contain such errors as incorrect ligatures, nonprinting figures or parts of figures, or incorrect or missing special characters, any of which make your paper unreadable.
4. If you wish, make use of these sample first pages (two-column format):
5. Registration materials will be online soon. You will be contacted by the Conference Department with registration information. Please note: If the conference registration poses a hardship for the presenter of the refereed paper, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPEAKERS
1. The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online.
We will provide the following equipment:
- 1 LCD projector
- 1 screen
- 1 wired Lavalier microphone
- cables and extension cords
Please note: laptops are not provided. If you wish to discuss any special A/V needs, please contact Jessica Horst, Meeting Planner, USENIX Association, via email at email@example.com or via phone at 510-528-8649 x21.
2. Please read, sign, and fax to us:
Consent Form for Speakers
3. In order to make your talk available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the conference, please email your electronic files to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after your presentation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS OF PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE REPORTS
1. A PDF of your
paper (printable on 8.5"x11" paper) and your signed consent form are due on or before September 15, 2011.
Upload your final report, no more than 10 pages long, to the Web submissions system by September 15. If you have questions, please contact Jane-Ellen Long, email@example.com.
2. Print, sign, and fax the
LISA '11 Consent Form for Practice and Experience Reports.
Registration materials will be online soon. You will be contacted by the Conference Department with registration information. Please note: If the conference registration poses a hardship for the presenter of the refereed paper, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.