INVITATION FROM THE PROGRAM CHAIR
On behalf of all the LISA '09 organizers, I'd like to invite you to join us in Baltimore, MD, November 1–6, 2009, for the 23rd Large Installation System Administration Conference.
For over 20 years, the Large Installation System Administration Conference (LISA) has been the must-attend system administration conference. It offers an unparalleled opportunity to meet and mingle with the leaders of the system administration industry.
Take advantage of 6 days of training that offer face-to-face time
with expert instructors, including:
- Mark Burgess on Configuration Management Solutions with Cfengine 3
- David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration
Back for 2009, we're offering two series of classes focusing on some of the most important topics you'll encounter. Classes include:
- Peter Baer Galvin and Marc Staveley on Solaris 10 Administration
- John Arrasjid and Rupen Sheth on Virtualization with VMware vSphere 4.0
In addition to the training, 3 days of technical sessions include top-notch refereed papers, informative invited talks, expert Guru Is In sessions, and a poster session.
Over a dozen invited talks feature our most impressive slate of speakers to
date. They include:
- Keynote Address by Werner Vogels, CTO of Amazon.com
- Plenary Session: "Google Wave," by Daniel Berlin and Sam Thorogood, Google, Inc.
- Plenary Session: "Cosmic Computing: Supporting the Science of the Planck Space Based Telescope," by Shane Canon, Group Leader, Data System Group in NERSC, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Plenary Session: "Towards Zero-Emission Datacenters Through Direct Reuse of Waste Heat," by Bruno Michel, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
LISA is the top-tier forum for presenting new research in system administration. We selected papers showcasing state-of-the-art work on topics including configuration management, cloud computing,
virtualization, and security.
Bring your most challenging technical questions to the experts at LISA's Guru Is In sessions.
Explore the latest commercial innovations at the Vendor Exhibition.
Benefit from opportunities for peer interaction (a.k.a. the "Hallway Track")
Discounts are available!
Check out the available discounts for registration, airfare, and hotel.
Help us promote!
Please help us spread the word by displaying a button and distributing flyers. Connect with other attendees on Twitter and Facebook.
Register by Monday, October 12,
and save up to $300!
We're pleased to bring LISA to Baltimore and we look forward to seeing you there.
On behalf of the LISA '09 Program Committee,
LISA '09 Program Chair