Instructions for Participants: |
6th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Security (HotSec '11)
This page is for those who will be presenting material at HotSec '11. If you
wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please return
page and select the conference in which you're interested.
Visa applications can take at least 30 working days to process. If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your paper mailing address in your email.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Jane-Ellen
firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-528-8649 ext. 14.
If you find yourself in dire
straits, please contact your Program Chair,
Patrick McDaniel, email@example.com.
Speakers, see your instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS OF REFEREED PAPERS
1. A printable PDF of your
paper (no more than 6 pp. long, including tables, figures, and references), along with consent forms with the signature of each author, is due on or before July 5, 2011.
Formatting requirements are the same as for submissions, except, of course, that the authors and their affiliations should be listed beneath the title of the paper. See #4, below, for details and optional sample files.
Upload your final paper to the Web submissions system by July 5, 2011. If you have questions, please contact Jane-Ellen Long, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Each talk will be alloted 15 minutes for presentation. If you will be the presenter, please see the instructions for speakers, below.
2. Print, sign, and fax the
HotSec '11 Consent Form for Refereed Paper Authors.
3. Using LaTeX? Read these instructions on generating PDF from LaTeX and follow them carefully. You will save a lot of time and hassle at the deadline. Naively produced PDFs may contain such errors as incorrect ligatures, nonprinting figures or parts of figures, or incorrect or missing special characters, any of which make your paper unreadable.
4. Papers should be in two-column format, using 10 point Times Roman type on 12 point leading, in a text block of 6.5" by 9". If you wish, make use of these sample first pages:
5. Registration materials will be online soon. You will be contacted by the Conference Department with registration information. Please note: If the conference registration poses a hardship for the presenter of the refereed paper, please contact email@example.com.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPEAKERS
1. The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online.
We will provide the following equipment:
- 1 LCD projector
- 1 screen
- 1 wired Lavalier microphone
- cables and extension cords
Please note: laptops are not provided. If you wish to discuss any special A/V needs, please contact Jessica Horst, Meeting Planner, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 510-528-8649 ext. 21.
2. Please read, sign, and fax to us:
Consent Form for Speakers
3. In order to make your talk available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the conference, please email your electronic files to email@example.com immediately after your presentation.