Instructions for Participants: |
3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '11)
This page is for those who will be presenting material at USENIX HotCloud '11. If you
wish to submit a paper or deliver a talk at another upcoming USENIX event, please return
page and select the conference in which you're interested.
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa to attend the conference, please contact email@example.com. Please identify yourself as a presenter and include your mailing address in your email.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Jane-Ellen
firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-528-8649 ext. 14.
If you find yourself in dire
straits, please contact your Program Co-Chairs,
Ion Stoica and John Wilkes, email@example.com.
Invited Talk presenters, panelists, Keynote and Plenary speakers, see your instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS OF REFEREED PAPERS
1. A printable PDF of your paper (5 pages or less is strongly preferred, but definitely no more than 6 pages long), along with consent forms with the signature of each author, is due on or before May 18, 2011. Your paper should be formatted in accordance with the submission guidelines.
Upload your final paper to the Web submissions system by May 18, 2011. If you have questions, please contact Jane-Ellen Long, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Print, sign, and fax the
HotCloud '11 Consent Form for Refereed Paper Authors.
3. Using LaTeX? Read these instructions on generating PDF from LaTeX and follow them carefully. You will save a lot of time and hassle at the deadline. Naively produced PDFs may contain such errors as incorrect ligatures, nonprinting figures or parts of figures, or incorrect or missing special characters, any of which make your paper unreadable.
4. If you wish, make use of these sample first pages (two-column format):
5. Registration materials will be online soon. You will be contacted by the Conference Department with registration information. Please note: If the conference registration poses a hardship for the presenter of the refereed paper, please contact email@example.com.
6. We are strongly encouraging all accepted papers to be accompanied by a poster. Please fill out this short form, on or before May 30, to tell us whether or not you plan on bringing a poster. Please fill out the form even if you don't want to, so we can know that everybody has responded.
Please see http://www.usenix.org/events/posters.html for information about preparing and presenting posters.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INVITED TALK PRESENTERS, PANELISTS, AND KEYNOTE AND PLENARY SPEAKERS
1. The USENIX Conference Department will contact you with instructions for registering online.
We will provide the following equipment:
- 1 LCD projector
- 1 screen
- 1 wired Lavalier microphone
- cables and extension cords
- video adapters for VGA and small-DVI Mac video interfaces (for computers under four years old)
Please note: laptops are not provided. If you wish to discuss any special A/V needs, please contact Jessica Horst, Conference Meeting Planner, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 510-528-8649 ext. 21.
2. Please read, sign, and fax to us:
Consent Form for Invited Talks,
Keynote Speakers, and Panelists
3. In order to make your talk available on the USENIX Web site immediately after the conference, please email your electronic files to email@example.com immediately after your presentation.