This form allows you to submit a paper for the
Annual Linux Showcase 2001, November 6-10, 2001 to be held in Oakland Convention Center, Oakland, CA.
The form asks for the following information:
- The full contact details of one author who will act as the primary contact
for this paper.
- The full list of authors: you must supply the first name, the last name
and the affiliation of each author.
- Which, if any, of the authors are full-time students.
- You will be asked to upload extended abstract using
the Web file upload mechanism. We know that certain browsers do not
support file upload, but alternative upload mechanisms are complicated,
and we wish to make this operation as painless as possible for most
people. If your browser does not support file upload, we are sure that
you will be able to get access to a browser that does.
- Your uploaded file should be in PDF, PostScript or text format.
- PDF appears to be the safest and most portable way of moving text page
images from one place to another. You should format your original page
for US Letter size. We prefer submission in PDF. PDF files are detected
by examining the first PDF characters of the file, if they are '%PDF'
then file is assumed to be in PDF format.
- PostScript, these days, is often very non-portable. You should take care
to format the page for US Letter size, and ensure that all the portability
switches are turned on if you are using a Windows platform.
- ASCII text
- Should be formatted where each paragraph is separated by a blank line, and
lines should be terminated by a newline character. Lines should be at most
75 characters long. Any file failing the two tests above are assumed to be
If you have all this information available, the press Submit to start the
registration process. Submission is not complete until you
see a page titled `Thank You'. If you do not see this page, then you have not
completed the submission process. Some browsers do not support file upload, and occasionally
caches get in the way of the proper functioning of the form.